My Cancer Journey
I began documenting my experience as a young cancer patient for GLAMOUR just weeks after I was diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukemia in 2001. Here are all of my “Life with Cancer” columns:
- 7 Things I’ve Learned from Having Cancer
- I Don’t Have to Fight My Leukemia Alone
- Will I Ever Be Cured
- The Day I Wasn’t a Cancer Patient
- Should I Risk My Life to Have A Baby
- Pregnant, with Cancer
- Now Two of These Three Sisters Have Cancer
- My Sister and I Both Have Cancer. What Happens Now?
- My Leukemia Is Now A Full-Time Job
- May 03 – Life with Cancer
- May 02 – Life with Cancer
- Living with Cancer… Four Years Later
- July 02 – Life with Cancer
- I’ve Never Been Happier!
- Happily Ever After… With Cancer
- Erin’s Update – Gossip and Girl Talk – Yes, About Cancer
- Crazy, Sexy… Cancer
- Cancer Made My Life Better
- Can My Sister and I Both Beat Cancer
- Can I Beat Cancer? Can She?
- Battling Cancer While the World Watches
- I Have To Live For Him
In May 2012, I was named Woman of the Year for the New York City Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society after raising $180,000 in 10 weeks (with the help of countless others). This video will show you why LLS is so important to me–and why I’ll never stop fighting for a cure. Spoiler alert: Our mission was accomplished!
For more on my story, check out my Life with Cancer Blog–I wrote it daily for GLAMOUR for three years.